As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop, we are continuing to monitor the situation and are adjusting our protocols to make sure that we continue to provide care to our patients while also keeping you and our staff safe. Here are our latest updates:
- Veterinary hospitals have been declared “essential services” so we will continue to be open for our regular hours to serve you and your pets.
- As of tomorrow, Tuesday, March 24, only staff members will be allowed inside our building. Our front door will be locked at all times.
- Medication refills and food pickups: We will continue “Curbside Pickup” for all food and medication refills. When your items are ready for pickup a staff member will call you to take payment over the phone. Then, when you arrive to pick up your items, please call us from your vehicle. A member of our staff will bring your items to your vehicle. Staff members will be wearing masks and gloves when they come to your vehicle.
- When you arrive for your appointment, call our office to alert us that you are here.
- One of the nurses will speak with you via phone to gather any information needed for the appointment.
- The nurse will come to your vehicle to collect your pet and will bring him or her into the hospital while you remain in your vehicle. We will be using one of our leashes to bring your pet into the hospital and nurses will be wearing a mask and gloves.
- The doctor will perform the exam and will then call you to discuss their findings. They will go over any recommendations, medications, etc. at this time.
- The nurse will return your pet to your vehicle along with any medications, foods or other items to go home.
- A receptionist will speak with you over the phone to go over all charges and take payment over the phone.
- We will be emailing all itemized invoices instead of handing you a printed copy unless you request a printed copy.
If you are uncomfortable with any of these protocols we are happy to reschedule your appointment.
As the situation continues to change we will keep you updated with any other changes. Thank you for your continued cooperation and support.
The Staff of Newington Veterinary Clinic
At this time our clinic remains open to care for your pets. We are following the Covid-19 pandemic closely and will update you with any changes in our operations.
We are instituting some policies to keep you and our staff safe:
- We have taken care to sanitize all areas of our clinic and will continue to do so several times daily.
- If you or someone you have been in contact with is experiencing symptoms of the Covid-19 infection, (cough, fever, malaise, or shortness of breath) we ask that you NOT bring your pet to our clinic. Feel free to ask a friend to bring your pet for you.
- If you have an appointment with one of our nurses/technicians, we ask that you remain in your car and phone us when you arrive. Our staff will bring your pet into the clinic for treatment and return your pet to your car.
- If you are picking up food or medication we are happy to bring it to your car. You may call the office and we can take payment over the phone and then bring the items to your vehicle.
- Although we always appreciate it when you refer family and friends to our clinic, we have decided not to accept any new patients for the time being so that we can focus on caring for the patients we already have a relationship with.
We appreciate your cooperation during these difficult times.
The NVC Staff